You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Heathrow, we are a growing team with around 450 colleagues. We produce chilled & hot eat Food for Now products including salads, sandwiches & wraps, Protein Pots & snacking. As well as Food for Later products such as ready meals & sides for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Amazon Fresh, Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
What you'll be doing
As Warehouse Operative:
Ensure that all factory requirements for raw materials, packaging and consumable items are picked and supplied to the factory in a timely manner and to ensure that all supplier deliveries are accurately received into the business.
- Carry out tasks (e.g. loading and unloading lorries, receiving, checking and putting away incoming deliveries, and picking materials, packaging and consumables for production) as per daily shift requirements, or as requested by the Team Leader, Supervisor or Stores Manager.
- Paperwork is required to be completed accurately, ensuring correct product identification code(s) and quantities recorded.
- Ensure that any shortages are clearly identified and recorded at all stages, i.e. Goods Receipt, Put Away and Pick.
- Communicate with managers and Team Leaders of any issues that may arise and impact on the ability to carry out your duties.
- Help ensure that wastage is minimised by checking material use by dates and making sure that the shortest shelf life materials are always picked first.
- Once you have been trained on manual handling equipment, ensure you complete all checks before using.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety, and Food Handling policies and requirements. Ensure hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
- Maintain hygiene standards and GMP compliance by working in a “clean as you go” manner.
- Adopt a flexible approach to daily tasks, ensuring that the teams work is completed and quality standards are adhered to at all times.
What we’re looking for
All of the roles involve working in a fast past, chilled environment in a company that puts people at the core. The site operates 24/7 and you will be required to work on a shift basis including the requirement to work nights and weekends. All applicants must be flexible and able to work weekends.
All the roles require a good understanding of both spoken & written English. You will also have strong attention to detail and good organisational skills
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.