You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Peterborough depot serves convenience retailers and forecourts in the region. The depot operates a fleet of 26 vehicles on 30 routes.
We're looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join us on our afternoon shift - 2pm - 10pm.
What you'll be doing
As a Warehouse Supervisor, your key priority will be to work closely with the Warehouse Manager to ensure consistent application of the department standards and processes in order to deliver the inbound, picking and despatch schedule safely, legally and meeting operational KPIs and costs.
Your role will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure that colleagues receive necessary training, are supported in their roles and are confident to ask for advice or guidance
- Investigating and communicating issues affecting the safe and legal achievement of the budgeted operational plan and where required prevent unsafe behaviours or use of unsafe equipment
- Conducting operational inductions and training as required and ensure the records are signed off accurately for filing and entry to the onsite training matrix
- Actively participating in the risk assessment, accident investigation, operational inspections and behavioural monitoring processes to ensure a safe workplace
- Communicating opportunities for improvements where trends and deficiencies are evident and affect the quality of service, safety, food hygiene or profit of the operation
What we’re looking for
- Experience in a Team Leader or Supervisor role within a manufacturing/production environment
- Have an understanding of people management/supervisory of leading diverse teams and contributing to operational business success
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with the ability to utilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Experienced in promoting cost efficiency
- Familiar with pick operating systems, voice picking is desirable
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.