Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveriesof our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties. OurTamworthdepot is a major picking depot, employing more than 130 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
We have opportunities for all shift patterns: Morning shift: 6am - 2pm /Afternoon shift: 2pm - 10pm / Night shift: 10pm - 6am.
What you'll be doing
As a Warehouse Supervisor, your key priority will be to ensureconsistent application of the department standards and processes in order to deliver the inbound, picking and dispatch schedule safely, legally and meetingoperational KPIs and costs.
Your role will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure that colleagues receive necessary training, are supported in their roles and are confident to ask for advice or guidance
- Investigating and communicatingissues affecting the safe and legal achievement of the budgeted operational plan and where required prevent unsafe behaviours or use of unsafe equipment
- Conducting operational inductions and training as required and ensure the records are signed off accurately for filing and entry to the onsite training matrix
- Actively participating in the risk assessment, accident investigation, operational inspections and behavioural monitoring processes to ensurea safe workplace
- Communicatingopportunities for improvements where trends and deficiencies are evident and affect the quality of service, safety, food hygiene or profit of the operation
What we’re looking for
You will need to be:
- Responsiveto thefast paced world of food distribution with experience gained within comparable distributionor logistics environments
- Have considerable people management/supervisory experience of leadingdiverse teams and contributing to operational business success
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with the ability toutilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Experienced in promoting cost efficiency
- Familiar with pickoperating systems, voice picking is desirable
- Available for weekend working as we're a 24/7 operation.
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.