Warehouse Picking Operative
£10.03 - £12.48 per hour.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
A major picking depot, employing more than 300 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for a warehouse order picker to join our team based at our Tamworth Depot:
Working within our cold store warehouse, your role will involve picking orders using voice picking technology. Putting orders together for next-day delivery to our customers, you will be part of a warehouse team driven to deliver excellent customer service.
This role would be ideal for Warehouse Operatives looking to develop their career with a growing business – working with some of the UKs’ biggest brands.
- We offer a total rate of £10.03 per hour for a day shift, £11.58 for night shifts, made up from base rates and incentives.
- You'll also be eligible for a retention bonus of £250 if you join us and stay for at least 6 weeks.
- We are recruiting part time and full time workers to these roles.
- Shift Pattern: Full time patterns are 5 days out of 7 (including weekends)
- Overtime premiums are also payable after 42 hours (time and a quarter of the base pay rate)
What we’re looking for
- Picking customer orders in our Warehouse.
- Ensuring all orders are being picked accurately using 'voice pick' technology, and deliveries are placed in the appropriate delivery pallets at all times, marking the order size on the delivery notes.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Logging product shortages and reporting them to the Management Team at the depot at the end of each shift.
- Ensuring all trays are stacked and kept in the designated place before the shift ends.
- Maintaining the depot's cleanliness and tidiness in work areas at all times.
- Ensuring all PPE issued is worn at all times.
What you’ll get in return
- £10.03 per hour for a day shift, £11.58 for night shifts, made up from base rates and incentives
- £250 retention bonus after 6 weeks service
- 28 Holidays including bank holidays
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- On-site car park
- On-site subsidised food area
- Weekly pay
If you are hungry for a new career and this sounds interesting, then join us and be part of driving our future success.