Warehouse Operative - (Nights)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Distribution Centre in EXETER is a major picking depot, employing more than 150 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 80 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
- Picking customer orders in our warehouse.
- Ensuring all orders are being picked accurately using 'voice pick' technology, and deliveries are placed in the appropriate delivery pallets at all times, marking the order size on the delivery notes.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Logging product shortages and reporting them to the Management Team at the depot at the end of each shift.
- Ensuring all trays are stacked and kept in the designated place before the shift ends.
- Maintaining the depot's cleanliness and tidiness in work areas at all times.
- Ensuring all PPE issued is worn at all times.
What we’re looking for
- This position will work 5 out of 6 nights (Sun-Fri) per a week, which includes Sunday working.
- 9.00pm to 5:30am.
- FLT license is desirable but not essential
- Driving license also desirable for moving vehicles around yard
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Promotion and progression opportunities
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.