Warehouse Operative - Morning Starts (Worksop, Nottinghamshire)
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products because we supply food for all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Distribution Centre in Worksop is a major picking depot, employing more than 200 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
- Picking customer orders in our Warehouse.
- Ensuring all orders are being picked accurately using 'voice pick' technology and deliveries are placed in the appropriate delivery pallets at all times, marking the order size on the delivery notes.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Logging product shortages and reporting them to the Management Team at the depot at the end of each shift.
- Ensuring all trays are stacked and kept in the designated place before the shift ends.
- Maintaining the depot's cleanliness and tidiness in work areas at all times.
- Ensuring all PPE issued is worn at all times.
- Salary:10.90per hour( base rate )
- PM shift Premium: +0.50per hour ( from 15:00 )
- You'll also be eligible for a sign-on bonus of250if you join us and stay with us for at least 6 weeks.
- Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday
- Working Hours: 10:00 - 18:30
- Overtime ( Time and a quarter of the base rate ) is payable after 42 hours.
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment is an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills with good attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude and be extremely reliable
- Ability to work under pressure, and to deadlines
- Punctual with excellent timekeeping and attendance
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Sign on bonus of 250 as a one time payment after 6 worked weeks
- 28 Holidays including bank holidays
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- On-site car park
- On-site subsidised food area
- Weekly pay
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.