Warehouse Operative - Days
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Distribution Centre in Worksop is a major picking depot, employing more than 200 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
- Salary: £10.90 per hour ( base rate )
- PM shift Premium: +£0.50 per hour ( from 15:00 )
- Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday
- Working Hours: 10:00 - 18:30
- Overtime ( Time and a quarter of the base rate ) is payable after 42 hours.
What you'll be doing
- Picking customer orders in our Warehouse.
- Ensuring all orders are being picked accurately using 'voice pick' technology and deliveries are placed in the appropriate delivery pallets at all times, marking the order size on the delivery notes.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Logging product shortages and reporting them to the Management Team at the depot at the end of each shift.
- Ensuring all trays are stacked and kept in the designated place before the shift ends.
- Maintaining the depot's cleanliness and tidiness in work areas at all times.
- Ensuring all PPE issued is worn at all times.
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment is an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills with good attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude and be extremely reliable
- Ability to work under pressure, and to deadlines
- Punctual with excellent timekeeping and attendance
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
• Competitive salary and job-related benefits
• Pension up to 8% matched
• Company share save scheme
• Greencore Qualifications
• Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/