What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Depot Manager, the Warehouse Manager will be responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvement programmes which enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of pick, packing and the loading of vehicles in order to achieve operational and financial KPI’s.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising and agreeing all manning levels, recruitment, training, development and the discipline of all colleagues with the Depot Manager.
- Providing leadership and direction to the warehouse teams to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential and ensuring all mandatory / skills training is up to date.
- Ensuring a health and safety culture is embedded and monitor the use of material handling equipment so that a safe and efficient working environment is promoted at all times.
- Ensuring the appropriate handling, management and storage of materials so that food safety is maximised and the operational plan can be achieved.
- Responsible for 30 warehouse staff
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable track record in food distribution would be ideal, with a particular emphasis on warehouse picking and packing
- Experienced with sector specific electronic management tools e.g. voice picking would be an advantage but is not essential
- Prior experience of managing warehouse teams
- Experience managing various KPIs within a storage picking operation
- IT literate; able to use MS office to record and report effectively
- Excellent customer service and a high level of numeracy and literacy
- Background in managing HR issues such as absence management and disciplinaries
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.