Vinegar Blending Operative - Nights
Nights - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 4pm-4am (after 6 weeks rotates to Wednesday, Thursday, Friday for a further 6 weeks)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda.
Pay Rate - £13.76 an hour + £75 quarterly attendance bonus
What you'll be doing
To perform a variety of tasks in Vinegar Blending and on the pickle lines, the main aims of this position are:
- To manufacture batches of vinegar from primary ingredients to finished product.
- To check batching sheets and methodology sheets to ensure the correct procedure is applied at the correct time in the process.
- To liaise with Area Process Leader and Technical department regarding quality issues.
- To make batches of vinegar to feed the bottling lines to the correct specification
- To monitor Raw Vinegar usage, and liaise with planning/Stock control to place orders and control stock.
- To supervise the unloading of Bulk vinegar into correct vat within tank farm.
- To ensure the line is constantly supplied with Vinegar and to conduct changeovers quickly and efficiently.
- To maintain hygiene standards within the Vinegar Blending and Tank farm areas.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working within a food manufacturer as a machine/technical operator is preferred.
- Food Safety Level 2 (training can be given)
- Health & Safety Level 2 (training can be given)
- CCP training (Training will be provided if necessary)
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.