Transport Team Leader - Morning Starts (Peterborough, Cambridgeshire)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Distribution Centre in Peterborough is serving convenience retailers and forecourts in the region. The depot operates a fleet of 28 vehicles on 34 routes.
What you'll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Team Leader to join our team based at our Peterborough depot:
Due to ongoing business expansion at Greencore DTS, we are seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working Transport Team Leader to join our Distribution Centre in Peterborough. This role will ensure the site meets its daily performance targets, weekly KPI's and thereby delivers an efficient and effective first class service to the customer.
- Shift Pattern: 5/7 days, 04:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Working hours: 40h a week
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £13.00 per hour
- Night Premium: +£1.00
- Ideally you will have good geographical knowledge, experience of routing journeys, knowledge of transport regulations and some experience of training other staff.
- You will have experience of supervising staff, be computer literate and be able to deal with office and transport paperwork.
- You will be a ‘hands-on’ person and be willing to carry out driving duties as and when required.
- Assist with route and/or resource plans in response to any changes so that distribution service operates with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- The successful candidate will be expected to cover for the supervisor in their absence.
What we’re looking for
- Good understanding of Peterborough and the surrounding areas.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Have a reasonable knowledge of the UK Highway Code and be able to read and understand written instructions displayed on road signs.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a similar working environment required. Driving licence with no more than three points, with entitlement to drive up to a 3.5 tonne vehicle
- Vehicle knowledge to carry out daily checks and comply with legal requirements
- Transport knowledge
- Literate, with good English language skills and mathematical ability as administration duties included in role.
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills
- Good Personal presentation and hygiene as dealing with food and customer direct
- Delivery Van Driver experience
- IT Literate
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- On-site car park
- On-site subsidised food area
- Weekly pay
- Full training will be provided