What you'll be doing
As the Transport Supervisor, your role will be to provide leadership of a shift ensuring consistent application of the department standards and processes that deliver the inbound, picking and despatch schedule safely, legally and meeting the Operational KPIs and costs.
This role will be responsible for the morning shift, 4am - 12:30pm, looking after a team of around 30 drivers on shift.
- Ensure competently trained resource is allocated to work activities with safe equipment to execute the operational plan
- Investigate and communicate issues affecting the safe and legal achievement of the budgeted operational plan and where required prevent unsafe behaviours or use of unsafe equipment
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that people are supported in their roles and can effectively do their job or escalate for assistance and guidance
- Ensure the administrative procedures and operational information is accurate and available for reporting operational performance and the requirements to demonstrate control in the event of an audit or investigation
- Conduct operational inductions and training as required and ensure the records are signed off accurately for filing and entry to the onsite training matrix
- Communicate opportunities for improvements where trends and deficiencies are evident and affect the quality of service, safety, food hygiene or profit of the operation
- Consistently execute the process to ensure and demonstrate drivers are safe and legally entitled to drive the nominated safe and legal roadworthy vehicle planned for work prior to deploying on the road ensuring records are stored and accurate
- Actively participate in the risk assessment, accident investigation, operational inspections and behavioural monitoring processes that ensures a safe workplace and operation and appropriate corrective actions
- Effectively execute the permit to work controller responsibilities ensuring records are filed correctly and actively assist with scheduling and planning of maintenance activities for the vehicle fleet
What we’re looking for
We're looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Transport Supervisor, that wants to bring new ideas and drive positive change within the depot.
- People Management experience in diverse teams
- Understanding of transport operations within logistics businesses
- Food safety level 1 & Health and Safety level 2 preferred
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.