Transport Shift Manager
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Tamworth is a major picking depot, employing more than 130 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
We are seeking a Transport Shift Manager to plan and lead our shift transport team to ensure delivery of required food products to our customers in a timely manner.
Your role will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to a team of circa 40 drivers to ensure that they are appropriately trained, operate to Group policy standards and that shift performance is maximised
- Monitoring operational practices to ensure that safety and compliance with the road traffic act are the critical priorities at all times
- Scheduling and completing maintenance of the vehicle fleet to ensure compliance with the vehicle check and servicing practices, cleanliness, food safety requirements and leasing agreements
- Maintaining close communication with other Greencore sites and customers/depots to ensure that all parties are kept informed of any schedule or revised collection or delivery times
- Providing information and insight to inform the creation of the weekly route plans and associated drivers’ rotas
- Supervising the loading of vehicles to ensure that it is in the correct order in alignment with the vehicle route
The shift pattern for this role is 5 days from 7. Tuesday- Friday (11am - 7pm) and Saturday (6am - 2pm)
What we’re looking for
You will need to be:
- Responsive to the fast paced world of food distribution
- Have considerable people management/supervisory experience of leading diverse teams and contributing to operational business success
- Hold transport/logistics experience within a similar environment
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with the ability to utilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Experienced in promoting cost efficiency
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- Company pension offering up to 8% matched contributions
- 4x life assurance
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications offering fully funded further study
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform 'my core benefits', cycle to work scheme and opportunity to purchase additional leave!
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career