Technical Services Manager
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UKs number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What you'll be doing
As Technical Services Manager you will manage the technical services function, quality systems, procedures and policiesat the site ensuring finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements.
- Ensure the site policies and procedures are updated and managed to demonstrate alignment with Group best practice and legal/customer compliance.
- Lead the deployment and use of the quality management system, procedures and policiesto document and govern the operational processes, developingthe internal audit system to ensure that the site delivers in alignment with legal and customer requirements.
- Act as the customers liaison point for key technical reviews related to the quality management system. Coordinate 1st, Second and 3rd party audits on site and generation of responses to close out non-conformances.
- Lead the site HACCP and TACCP Teams and manage all associated risk assessments. Participate in Group Horizon Scanning meetings and feed concerns into site
- Manage documentation required for export
- Submission of required information to Soil Association, Vegan Society to maintain the sites certification
- Investigating any OOS results from the retailers/customers due diligence testing
What we’re looking for
Were not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Degree calibre Relevant Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiological qualification
- Advanced Food Hygiene level 4 or equivalent
- Level 3 HACCP certified and Level 2 Health and Safety
- Sensory Training Level 2
- Microbiological Training Level 3
- Basic allergen awareness / practical knowledge of the management of allergens
- Demonstrates experienceat technologist levelof working with a retailer; Expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice; Competent in the use of customer technical databases.
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining an internal audit program
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining a Quality Management System
- Demonstrates experience of technical strategy implementation
- Demonstrates experience of delivery of BRC certification and / or equivalent certification standards
- Demonstrates experience of using Root Cause Analysis techniques for problem solving
- Ability to evaluate and interpret shelf life results
- Demonstrates expertise of applying food legislation to manufacturing products
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.