You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our Warrington site is also known as the Italian centre of excellence, recent expansion and investment make this site a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit! We produce high quality Italian ready meals for both Tesco & Co-Op.
What you'll be doing
We are recruiting for an Technician Operative on Packing department on permanent contract. As a Technician Operative you will taking ownership of machinery, area and equipment and the consistent application of processes within a given area/line to ensure products are prepared/manufactured to the agreed standards and production plans.
Shift Pattern: Mon - Fri 17:00pm - 00:30am
Pay Rate: £12.65 per hour
Technician Operative responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Deliver line/area productivity and efficiently targets, resolving problems and issues as they arise, produce ingredients or goods in line with the agreed production plan.
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards
- Monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment, through Optimum Equipment Efficiency (OEE), highlighting trends and issues to ensure asset performance is consist and reliable
- Promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures, corrective actions and completes near miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment.
- First line maintenance and basic Plan Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Strip downs and rebuild of manufacturing equipment
- Provide training of operational staff
- Assist engineers with break downs
- Basic fault finding and prevention of breakdowns
What we’re looking for
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Mechanical literate
- Attention to detail
- High level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Team player
- Comfortable working in a chilled environment
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills (assessed at interview)
- Good verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of working within a similar role would be advantageous
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make everyday taste better.
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on-the-job training and development opportunities to further your career.
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make everyday taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.