You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Park Royal, we have a team of around 1,150 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps and platters for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, Co-op, Spar, Wilko, Sutherlands, Iceland and Poundland.
Shift - Monday to Friday 8-4:30pm
What you'll be doing
Greencore Park Royal is currently looking for a Technical Officer to support the delivery of the site complaints and microbiological systems and to deliver the required information and reports in relation to them.
- Troubleshoot the Data Capture system performance on a day to day basis and write/introduce new procedures as required to ensure that there is no break in data records and data integrity is maintained at all times.
- Collate and report on compliance with the complaints and microbiological systems to ensure that these manufacturing unit processes are audit ready at all times
- Allocate each customer complaint to the appropriate person for action and track its progress through the process to ensure that complaints are dealt with in a timely manner and in accordance with the procedures.
- Collate, analyse and present technical reports or answers to ad hoc questions to provide internal and external stakeholders with the appropriate level and frequency of information required to deliver their objectives.
- Actively manage the technical databases, both day to day and ongoing developments, to ensure data accuracy, ability to deliver reporting requirements and forward planning to update in line with operational or technical requirements
- Attend established business networks across the division and group, internal forums and customer meetings to share the requested results and analysis
- Update all Raw Material information systems to ensure that the latest information is available to anyone who interrogates the system
- Maintain Greencore and Customer central KPI to ensure that reporting requirements are compliant with the appropriate protocols and support in the preparation for and the delivery of such information during technical audits
- Liaise with site QA, Process and NPD to ensure nutritional testing is done to meet launch deadlines and nutritional schedules
- Ability to use web based lab system in order to prepare micro and nutritional reports
- It would be useful to have familiarity with customer portals and functionality e.g. Evolve, Mcreate, Mycore, WPP, Spar – training will be given.
- Liaise with site teams to ensure all hygiene swabbing is done as per schedules ( Micro, Allergens, Meat species, ATP ) and sufficient stock of testing kits is maintained.
What we’re looking for
- Degree calibre capability in Information Technology with specialist knowledge of databases and data analysis techniques and competent with large and complex data sets
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of statistical Process Control techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in chilled food manufacturing would be an advantage but is not essential
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.