Technical Manager - 12 Month FTC
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Crosby, we have a team of around 300 colleagues. We produce sushi for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a technical manager to join us on a 12 month FTC to cover maternity at our Crosby site!
As Technical Manager, you will sit on the senior leadership team and will lead multi-disciplinary teams ensuring the factory operates within the required technical and hygiene process standards by adhering to customer, group and legal standards.
- Collaborate cross-functionally at a senior leadership level to ensure that food safety and quality systems compliment the operational model.
- Ensure the operational process and production of finished goods are appropriately controlled, via HACCP, to ensure compliance with food safety and customer standards
- Ensure that technical governance is in place to deliver audit compliance
- Investigations into key deviations from process and customer specification, taking appropriate action to bring the process back into control
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that within the function people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed, and delivering to their potential
- Identify and promote technical business improvement practices in order to deliver legal compliance and competitive advantage whilst driving functional improvements
What we’re looking for
- Demonstratable experience in leading in technical function within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- An understanding of stakeholder relationship management
- Allergen awareness / practical knowledge of managing allergens
- Micro biological training
- Advanced food hygiene and HACCP knowledge
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.