Team Leader - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Team Leaders are a vital in how we run our business, as we put people at the Core, so it's important that you have the ability and passion for leading and managing people.
Previous experience FMCG environment but not essential. It is essential that you have experience of working to strict timescales. An accreditation in basic food hygiene and HACCP would be extremely beneficial.
Not only will you be working for one of the country’s leading food manufacturers you’ll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.
As a Team Leader you'll lead a team, and manage the consistent application of processes within your department, ensuring that products are manufactured to the agreed production plan and standard.
To manage a line or area within High Care Production, ensuring optimum production performance, efficiency, quality and food and human safety. Ensuring standards and correct procedures are adhered to at all times. Ensure correct and complete data is capture and actioned in relation to production in your line or area.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, showing energy with a desire to change the status quo in line with the company vision, mission and growth strategy.
- Assess daily resource matches volume output vs. budget.
- Liaise with other factory departments and support areas/ functions to pro-actively coordinate any potential future production and material supply issues and communicate accordingly
- Attend daily review meeting with peer group to influence and drive improvements and results.
- Ensure safety of others and promotes a safety ownership culture with staff.
- Ensure all traceability and date code information is accurately recorded, and takes first actions where issues arise.
- Able to consistently meet and exceed KPI targets for responsible line or area. Accurately captures data and works with Team Leader to analyse this to continue to build successes, and create and carry through plans to rectify loss makers.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate the line team to meet KPI's and to use appropriate techniques do deal with underperforming members of the team. To give positive feedback when things go well and considered feedback when improvements need to be made.
- Take ownership of the training and development of team members including all training records and training plans
What we’re looking for
- Able to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Food Hygiene Level 2 or above is preferred but not essential.
- Good Awareness of Health and Safety.
- Demonstrable analytical skills – ability to pull actionable insight from data.
- Prior experience of leading a team and resource planning in a people intensive, manufacturing/FMCG environment is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of managing large numbers of people in a complex manufacturing environment.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.