Supply Chain Manager
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What you'll be doing
As the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible to managing the site Supply Chain in line with Greencore supply chain strategy, ensuring that the business plan and strategic objectives are achieved. This will include:
- Lead the site supply chain team, to ensure that functional capability and team performance are built and directed to deliver business plans and targets.
- Create short/medium term tactical supply chain plans to deliver business targets and support delivery of site/departmental strategic objectives.
- Act as the Supply Chain lead in cross functional/customer projects to improve inbound and outbound service – and specifically work closely with the site production team to optimise operational efficiency
- Ensure planning, material requisitions, stock control, warehousing, and distribution processes are in place and capable of delivering short/medium term operational targets.
- Developing GME (Greencore Manufacturing Excellence / Business Improvement) targets and implementation plans for your functional areas and managing/monitoring their completion/delivery
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience as a leader of a supply and/or distribution team in a FMCG environment; experience to include development or execution of supply chain strategy
- In-depth knowledge of Supply Chain procedures and practices within an ambient production and distribution environment
- Experience of leading projects and delivering change within a large function/medium sized organisation
- Financial awareness and high level of understanding of profit and loss management
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.