You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
As a stores operative, you will be responsible for the receipt and storage of a wide range goods as they are delivered to our factory. You will also be picking and packing different products as ordered by our prep team to be transferred through to the high care prep area.
A lot of the responsiblitites of this role will include the use of counterbalance trucks, reach trucks, PPTs, however there are other aspects of the role that are more physical, such as the manual transfer of products to high care prep.
Previous experience, including past licenses/cetificates for use of counterbalance etc, is desirable. However this is not essential as full training can be given by our onsite instructors.
This is a physical role that will require some heavy lifting.
- Receiving of deliveries at Goods In – checking amounts are correct, booking stock into Aurora system on computer
- Storage and locating of goods received into our warehouse areas
- Picking, packing and transferring of products from warehouse areas through to high care prep
- Booking of stock to prep when transferring stock (using computers or JBA guns)
- Rotation of stock in areas, ensuring oldest stock is used first
- Use of trucks (counterbalance, PPT, reach)
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Previous experience with trucks (desirable but not essential)
- Able to read and write in English
- Basic level of Maths required (booking different amounts on computer, counting stock when issuing etc)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members.
- Physical strength, fitness and dexterity, as they often have to lift heavy packages
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literacy, including knowing how to use scanners and relevant software programs, such as warehouse management systems (Aurora)
- Excellent organisational and record-keeping skills to coordinate large volumes of goods
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- The ability to work effectively under limited supervision
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.