You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
We are seeking a talentedSpecification Technologistto join us at ourWisbech site.You will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy and compliance of our product specifications.
The role of aSpecification Technologistis varied, you could be working on a new product range or making changes to existing ranges, so developing a key understanding of products will be essential.
- Review copy artwork, in line with updated customer technical and labelling policies, and include all regulatory changes that will impact on the accuracy of the pack information and labelling.
- Document procedures to ensure that internal and customer compliance is met, and the relevant process development practices are adopted.
- Review raw material specification content to develop 'gold standard' specifications for each raw material to improve compliance.
- Validate specifications and processes to identify synergies and scope for consolidation through a continuous improvement process.
Shift: Monday - Friday
What we’re looking for
- Experience of working within a similar role within food manufacturing and have knowledge of writing specifications for retailers.
- Strong communication and influencing skills and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Someone comfortable managing multiple tasks and delivering results against tight deadlines.
- Talent to analyse information alongside the ability to transfer the data accurately and clearly within reports.
- Someone who hascompleted your Food Safety and Health and Safety at Level 2.
- Good understanding of specifications system and be computer literate to a strong level.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success
Were not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.