Specialised Operative - Afters
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
You will be trained to strip down conveyor belts, slicers, wrapping machines, mixers and other kit on site which is used to produce the sandwiches we make. This is a skilled role and would suit anyone with an interest / skill in mechanics or machinery who enjoys taking things apart and rebuilding them again. It is also a good pathway into the world of engineering - particularly if you are interested in mechanical or/and electrical engineering - this will be good hands-on entry-level experience.
As a Hygiene Strip Down Operative your key focus will be to strip down, clean and then re-assemble all removable parts of machinery and depositors in the production area. This is a skilled role and is ideal opportunity for anyone interested in engineering, looking to gain relevant entry level experience.
We have two positions available working Sunday to Thursday 13:30 – 18:30
What we’re looking for
- Our hygiene team work to high standards and tight deadlines - so you need to have good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication skills are key - you will work as part of the team including Hygiene Operatives, Steam Clean Operatives and other Strip Down Operatives.
- Because you will be handling chemicals and various types of machinery, you need to have a high level of ac it is essential you have Maths (Entry Level 3 and above) and English (Entry Level 3 and above)
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.