Skilled Production Operator - High Care
Working hours - 4on4off - 7am-7pm - Pay rates starting at £10.75 an hour (can go up to £11.65 an hour depending on role)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
As a Skilled Production Operator within our High Care department, your key focus will be to ensure smooth running of the day to day processes within the factory, ensuring that due diligence and documentation are compliant with legal, business and customer requirements. Key responsibilities include:
- ensure that the correct waste procedure is being followed on line
- ensure that your assembly sheet is completed in full, your positive release is completed, data sheets are completed and probes are in use
- ensure that equipment and knife control is completed each morning – All other equipment/machinery is being used correctly
- to ensure that completion and adherence to plan is followed
- making sure to clear any defected product, quality checks
- putting correct sleeve on finished product
- boxing product and preparing them to be palletized
- calibrating machinery depending on product type
- leading the line
What we’re looking for
- We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
For this role, we are looking for the following:
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good communicator and ability to work in a team
- Experience working within a food manufacturer preferred
- Experience operating Manufacturing plant equipment / machinery
- Allergen awareness
- L2 Food Safety is preferred but not essential
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.