Skilled Operative (Intake)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here in Boston we employ around 800 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL.
What you'll be doing
Skilled Operative /Spice Room Operative in Intake/
Based in Boston
Shift available: days, 5 days from 7, 4am - 12pm or 12pm – 8pm
Rate: £10.75/hr - £13.44/hr (OT rate)
Paid Weekly (Thursday)
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
What we’re looking for
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intake operative to join our team based at Boston site.
- Receive deliveries from suppliers and check goods off against the delivery note
- Checking and unloading of goods in vehicles.
- Data entry of stock movements into our system.
- Labelling goods with the correct labels after booking in.
- Ensuring paperwork is completed following company guidelines
- Decanting of goods to correct pallets/dolavs.
- Removing materials from the freezer, following the defrost plan and procedures completing paperwork and labelling accordingly
- Stock counts and reconciliation
This role would be ideal for Warehouse Operatives looking to develop their career with a growing business – working with some of the UKs' biggest brands.
What you’ll get in return
- Experience in a similar role (warehouse / food manufacturing).
- Good level of English & Math - you will be counting picks and products, alongside managing remaining stock.
- Full training will be given but computer experience/knowledge will be an advantage.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure in a cold store environment.
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene.
- Right first-time approach.
- Excellent communication skills - you will be working as part of a team, so the ability to get along as part of a group is key.
- Wherever possible a level of multi-skilling would be advantageous.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/
We are offering:
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform