Site Services Engineer
- Daily/Weekly checks and maintenance on all plant room equipment including:
- Water Boilers
- Steam Boilers
- Electrical Switch Gear
- Incoming Water Treatment
- Effluent Treatment
- Fire Alarm and Sprinkler System
- Daily/Weekly checks and maintenance on all site equipment including:
- Emergency Lighting
- Ladder checks/register completion
- Fire Door maintenance
- General site daily checks
- Work Proactively, Predictively and Reactively
- To attend to service breakdowns professionally, safely and effectively.
- To maximise up time of services equipment to meet targets ensuring availability and reliability
- Compliance with site KPIs
- Workshop GMP responsibilities to retain a safe and audit ready environment.
- Perform maintenance and repairs
- Repair equipment or appliances
- Assist contract tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Undertake duties as assigned by your manager or emergency tasks
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Liaising with contractors and other workers when required
- Daily workshop audit
- Maintaining water softeners supply of salt and inspection
- Any other compliance checks required
- 1stline of response to any drain blockages from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc.
- GMP, Technical and H&S audit compliance and sign off
- Perimeter inspection
- Weekly meter reading and recording
- Time served electrician or multi-skilled engineer
- Self-reliant and responsible
- Time management and organization skills
- Proactive with a can do and will do attitude
- Able to understand what the priorities are and act accordingly and autonomously
- Experience with workplace hardware tools and electrical equipment
- An understanding and proven track record of facilities maintenance
- Experience of electrical distribution, compressors, boilers, effluent treatment.
- Basic math skills
- Good communication ability
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Adhering to current and future SHE requirements
- MEWP and Boom lift license will be required (Training will be given)
- To maintain a visual daily log of events using the site CMMS.
- To record all daily activities into the CMMS for management review and traceability.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
The Ideal Candidate
Not only will you be working for one of the country's leading food manufacturers, you'll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.
· Competitive salary and job-related benefits
· Pension up to 8% matched
· Company share save scheme
· Greencore Qualifications
· Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We are currently recruiting for a Site ServicesEngineer (multi-skilled)to undertake the upkeep and repair tasks to the interior and exterior of company premises including all incoming and outgoing services and associated plant. Well rely on you to keep our facilities in perfect condition by carrying out all the necessary tasks swiftly and to an extremely high standard.
You must be well-organised, motivated and be able to work autonomously. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job.
This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager on a daily basis andwill work closely with the engineering Shift Team Leader to ensure compliance and efficient plant operation at all times.
Shift pattern Mon Fri 7.00am - 4.00pm
About the Company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.