Site Services - Days
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
Day shift = 4on/4off 7am-7pm = £10.75 an hour
You'll be carrying out the consistent application of hygiene within a given area/line to make sure the area is maintained to the agreed standards. It'll be part of your job to ensure that all sanitation processes are completed in full and that hygiene standards for a given area are maintained during the production shift. We have both Day & Night shifts available. Duties of the role include:
- Effectively carry out the day to day hygiene operations including, cleaning of building fabric such as walls and floors, storage areas such as chills and the stripping, cleaning and reassembly of related equipment such as pods and other food containers, in such a manner that meets required health, safety and hygiene standards.
- Responsible for carrying out hygiene operations in such a manner so as to ensure that physical, bacterial, material and chemical contamination of food does not occur, to recognise potential contamination issues and to ensure the early reporting of potential contamination issues to relevant personnel.
- Responsible for using and operating all tools, plant and equipment to prescribed training standards, including the usage , storage and application of chemicals and ensuring that correct concentration levels are observed at all times, ensuring that relevant PPE is worn at all times during application.
- Responsible for carrying out all deep cleaning requirements within relevant working area.
- As hygiene activities vary in time requirements, responsible for maintaining a close working relationship with all other hygiene team members so as to assist and ensure the timely execution of hygiene activities.
- To work with Q.A. Personnel , hygiene team, technical and shift supervisor to resolve hygiene issues, such as swab failures, audit findings and to assist in identifying hygiene issues.
- Subscribe to a quality approach, valuing cleanliness and team work to maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and hygiene.
- Assist relevant personnel in the carrying out of risk assessments and S.S.O.W.
- Responsible for signing off all relevant paperwork when required and to ensure sign off complies for auditing purposes.
- To undertake any other reasonable request as set out by the Shift Supervisor or Hygiene Manager.
What we’re looking for
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment - you'll need to help deliver line/area productivity in line with the master schedule to ensure operational integrity
- Attention to detail - you'll have to ensure you follow the agreed plans for cleaning, sanitation, environment and technical and able to adapt in light of emerging circumstances to minimise food risk
- Understanding of Health & Safety - you will promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures and completes near miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment
- Communication skills - you will provide training to operational staff, as well as follow reasonable instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) whilst complying to all technical and safety procedures
- Ideally you will have previous experience of operating as a hygiene operative within an FMCG environment
- Basic Food Hygiene Accreditation, Allergen Awareness, Health and Safety (however, training will be provided by Greencore)
- Good problem solving skills
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Paid breaks
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.