SHUNTER and FLT DRIVER
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What you'll be doing
The role involves moving both Raw Materials and Finished Goods to and from vehicles in a safe manner and highlighting where areas are not safe so the correct action can be taken. Most of the work is completed using Fork lift trucks but there may also be other work included such as wrapping, labelling and stacking of pallets as well as stock counts.
- Health and Safety Compliance in accordance with the company policy.
- Completion of all safety checks including Fork lift Trucks and Loading Bay checks.
- Complete all tasks in a safe manner and promoting a safe working environment within your team and across the site wide.
- Loading and Unloading of Vehicles ( to the correct specification and quality)
- Scanning Pallets into stock and also out of stock checks to be done on all stock to make sure that accuracy of stock is not affected.
- Drive all Fork lifts within the guideline set and as per the RTITB training.
- Communicate any shortfalls in advance by using the correct escalation procedure.
- Report any Incidents or Accidents using the correct escalation procedure
- Make sure Stock accuracy is maintained by following Intake and Delivery processes and Procedures in line with SOP’s
- Mentoring and assisting with the training of new staff
What we’re looking for
- Must have FLT and DRIVING LICENCE
- Must have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of safe systems of work and practices
- Knowledge of raw materials and packaging used in the industry
- Knowledge of stock control procedure
- Knowledge of computer systems
- Must have the ability to work in a busy environment
- Must have excellent communication skills
What you’ll get in return
• Competitive salary and job-related benefits
• Weekly pay
• Pension up to 8% matched
• Company share save scheme
• Greencore Qualifications
• Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/