Quality Zone Manager
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our Warrington site is also known as the Italian centre of excellence, recent expansion and investment make this site a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit! We produce high quality Italian ready meals for both Tesco & Co-Op
What you'll be doing
- Direct the Production Zone team to deliver the quality management system aspects within the zone, including the completion of all QC tasks in order to ensure compliance with customer, manufacturing unit, legislative, divisional and strategic requirements
- To lead the transfer and handover of all QC tasks to the Production Zone team to enable the transfer from QC to QA.
- Provide information and demonstrate operational practice in support of external audits to enable compliance with customer requirements
- Continue to develop the capability of the Production Zone team through the Technical Strategy
- Monitor Production Zone Technical KPI’s adjusting team activity to ensure targets are achieved
- Assist the Production Zone Manager in the planning and maintenance of resource utilisation in order to complete the required QA tasks
- Lead and deliver a project(s) to create business effectiveness and cost efficiency
- Building production capability and understanding to achieve relevant technical requirements
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the Production Zone meets the standards set out in the SHE Policy/Actively contribute to both customer and technical process development reviews to promote improvement to quality and consistency of production
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off (days)
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Food degree or equivalent qualification or relevant experience
- Internal audit experience
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate level 3 / Level 3 Health & Safety
- Relevant food manufacturing experience
- Ability to use computer programmes including word, excel and related technical IT packages
- HACCP principles and practice
- Allergen awareness-implications / related to labelling
- Shelf life determination and awareness
- Hygiene & disinfection principles/Basic microbiology awareness
- Principles of risk assessment
- Legal labelling –basic requirements & Nutritional Awareness
- Basic knowledge of Weight legislation
- Knowledge of technical KPIs
- First Aid Certificate
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.