You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, KFC, Nando’s, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
As Quality Manager, you will manage the quality function within the manufacturing unit ensuring all materials including finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements .
- Ensure the operational process and production of finished goods are appropriately controlled, via HACCP, to ensure compliance with food safety and customer standards
- Investigations into key deviations from process and customer specification, taking appropriate action to bring the process back into control
- Ensure that technical governance is in place to deliver audit compliance with respect to internal, external, legal and customer requirements
- Interface with the customers during site visits and audits, business reviews and other key opportunities
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that within the function people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering to their potential
What we’re looking for
- Degree level in a food science/technology discipline
- Proven track record working in quality/technical management within high risk short shelf life categories.
- Excellent working knowledge of BRC, HACCP, TACCP & multiple retailer requirements.
- Forward thinker with a strong desire to do well.
- Someone able to implement change and transformation
- Someone capable of managing their own work load in addition to managing their teams.
- Experience with chilled food would be advantageous
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.