Quality Inspector - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
Shift Pattern: Start Wednesday 21:30 – Finish Monday 6:00
What you'll be doing
As Quality Inspector you will assist in the production of safe food, which meets customer specification and legal requirements by ensuring the effective operations of agreed procedures through regular auditing.
- Sample, test, audit and monitor to verify that all processes, procedures and products are being manufactured in a safe and compliant manner
- Conduct verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated to comply with required standards
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and ready for internal and external audits and highlighting when non-conformance requires corrective action
- Maintain ongoing communication with the team and other relevant functions ensuring they are fully aware of quality assurance results
- Collect all relevant samples (products, swabs, water samples etc.), with adherence to procedures and protocols, to ensure quality, safety and legality of products sampled
- Provide technical support & advice to operational staff and other teams to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards, seeking guidance and advice from QA Managers where necessary
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the safety, health and environment policy
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Previous experience within to food environment
- Allergen awareness / practical management of allergens
- Understanding of internal audit process
- CCP training including HACCP principles for Manufacturing Unit
- GMP; Knowledge of techniques
- Non-conformance reporting techniques
- Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.