You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
At Greencore we have an amazing opportunity for a Quality Auditor based at our site in Manton Wood, Worksop with a new and improved rate of £11.68 for Nights.
In the role of QA, the key focus will be to assist in the production of safe food, which meets customer specification and legal requirements by ensuring the effective operations of agreed procedures through regular auditing.
- Sample, test, audit and monitor to verify that all processes, procedures and products are being manufactured in a safe and compliant manner
- Conduct verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated to comply with required standards
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and ready for internal and external audits and highlighting when non-conformance requires corrective action
- Maintain on going communication with the team and other relevant functions ensuring they are fully aware of quality assurance results
- Collect all relevant samples (products, swabs, water samples etc.), with adherence to procedures and protocols, to ensure quality, safety and legality of products sampled
- Provide technical support & advice to operational staff and other teams to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards, seeking guidance and advice from QA Area Leaders / Technical Manager where necessary
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the safety, health and environment policy
- Shifts: Rotating (Weds-Sat / Thurs-Sat) OR (Sun-Tues / Sun-Weds)
What we’re looking for
•Previous experience within to food environment
•Allergen awareness / practical management of allergens
•Understanding of internal audit process
•CCP training including HACCP principles for Manufacturing Unit
•GMP; Knowledge of techniques
•Non-conformance reporting techniques
•Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
•If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
•Check incoming raw materials and collect all relevant samples for testing.
•Verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated within the required standards.
•You’ll need to have a strong eye for detail as you will also be required to track and document all activity and results in an accurate manner, highlighting any areas of non-conformance and taking appropriate action.
•You will work closely with the production and operations team to ensure they are aware of all quality assurance activities, results and trends, supporting the team to understand and adhere to food safety procedures.
We're looking for someone who understands basic food safety & has previous experience working in a similar role within food manufacturing. Qualifications in Food Hygiene & Health and Safety would be extremely beneficial.
You need strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and will enjoy working as part of a team.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.