Working a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern, 12 hour shifts, flexibility on start times (between 5am-7am)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
In the role of QA, the key focus will be to assist in the production of safe food, which meets customer specification and legal requirements by ensuring the effective operations of agreed procedures through regular auditing.
- Working a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern rotating day shifts (5-5 / 6-6 / 7-7)
- Sample, test, audit and monitor to verify that all processes, procedures and products are being manufactured in a safe and compliant manner.
- Conduct verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated to comply with required standards.
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and ready for internal and external audits and highlighting when non-conformance requires corrective action.
- Maintain on going communication with the team and other relevant functions ensuring they are fully aware of quality assurance results.
- Collect all relevant samples (products, swabs, water samples etc.), with adherence to procedures and protocols, to ensure quality, safety and legality of products sampled.
- Provide technical support & advice to operational staff and other teams to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards, seeking guidance and advice from QA Area Leaders / Technical Manager where necessary.
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the safety, health and environment policy.
- Test traceability of finished product for legal compliance audits, customer complaint and out of specification micro investigations.
- Communicate effectively between the team, shifts and all other functions
- Incident report writing, collection and presentation of data
- Undertaking project work as part of the technical team
What we’re looking for
- We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Previous experience in a technical role within food manufacturing would be advantageous
- Computer literate
- Internal Audit Process
- Non-conformance reporting techniques
- CCP training including HACCP principles for Manufacturing Unit
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.