Quality Auditor Days
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Heathrow, we have a team of around 200 colleagues. We produce gluten free products, topped pasta salads, composite salads - pasta, leaf, grains, pasta pots and snacking - duo pots for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
What you'll be doing
The role of the Quality Auditor is:
- Monitor and audit CCPs (Critical Control Points), their checks and records
- Monitor & audit pre-requisite systems and control procedures forming part of the site QMS.
- Audit personnel, environment & equipment hygiene standards prior to and during production. Carry out investigative swabs to monitor hygiene standards and investigate out of specification results.
- Conduct internal audits of products and processes to ensure compliance with procedures and standards and continually improve in line with industry best practices & customer requirements.
- Conduct in-house audits to ensure compliance.
- Carry out trend analysis of site information (non-conformances, complaints, out of spec results, internal foreign bodies etc.) and use to target improvements.
- Investigate, communicate & implement corrective action following internal or external non-conformances, or out of specification micro results, nutritional results, customer complaints etc.
- Action quality and process improvements, carrying out investigations, traceability, liaising with other departments / suppliers to ensure non-compliances are closed fully & followed up.
- Monitor and audit start up checks to ensure issues are resolved within risk assessed & agreed timescales, liaising with relevant departments (taking photo standards, updating documents when new machinery introduced).
- Carry out coaching, training and ongoing education of factory personnel at all levels in relation to food safety & quality systems.
What we’re looking for
The role of the Quality Auditor is to ensure the requirements of the sites HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) system & QMS (Quality Management System) are continually maintained through auditing & investigation. Report & initiate action to resolve non-conformances & improve systems.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/