Quality Assurance Lead
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Leading a Quality Assurance team to verify that all materials including finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements.
- Management of the QA team to ensure cover across all shifts as required
- Complete audits and KPIs and monitoring the consistency of outputs across the team for compliance purposes
- Training the team to ensure that new process and procedures are adopted
- Building production team capability to improve communication and understanding of technical standards
- Investigating customer complaints or any non-conformance raised internal or externally to provide data which informs resolution
- Organising organoleptic panel to ensure consistent quality
- Ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all colleagues and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE policy
- Resource management
- Taking action and escalating non-conformance, quality, safety or legality within local practice and standards
- Providing clear schedules and standard operating practices
- Day to day people management
What we’re looking for
- We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- HND and/or experience within food manufacturing
- Experience of managing a team
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Level 2 Health and Safety
- Basic knowledge of Weight legislation
- Computer literate
- Basic allergen awareness / practical management of allergens
- Understanding of internal audit process
- Understanding Technical KPIs
- CCP training including HACCP principles for Manufacturing Unit
- GMP; Knowledge of techniques
- Non-conformance reporting techniques
- Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
- Basic hygiene principles
- Basic legal labelling practice
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.