Quality Assurance Auditor
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Crosby, we have a team of around 300 colleagues. We produce sushi for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
What you'll be doing
As QA Auditor, you will be required to work 4 on 4 off rotating, Days one week and Nights the following week.
Your key focus will be to assist in the production of safe food, which meets customer specification and legal requirements by ensuring the effective operations of agreed procedures through regular auditing.
- Sample, test, audit and monitor to verify that all processes, procedures and products are being manufactured in a safe and compliant manner
- Conduct verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated to comply with required standards
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and ready for internal and external audits and highlighting when non-conformance requires corrective action
- Maintain on going communication with the team and other relevant functions ensuring they are fully aware of quality assurance results
- Collect all relevant samples (products, swabs, water samples etc.), with adherence to procedures and protocols, to ensure quality, safety and legality of products sampled
- Provide technical support & advice to operational staff and other teams to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards, seeking guidance and advice from QA Area Leaders / Technical Manager where necessary
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the safety, health and environment policy.
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off Days: (7am - 7pm) & Nights: (7pm - 7am) rotating
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Experience of chilled manufacturing
- Confident to challenge non-compliant practices or behaviours in a busy factory environment
- Capable of communicating to a variety of people – from operatives to senior management and auditors
- Food hygiene – Level 2
- Health and Safety - Level 2
- Ideally HACCP Level 2 trained
- Allergen Awareness Training
- Previous auditing experience
- Understanding of good manufacturing practice
- Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.