QA Supervisor - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here inBostonwe employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL.
What you'll be doing
Coordinate shift QA Team to verify that all materials including finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements
- Ensure QA Team shift cover meets requirements
- Maintain QA department schedules and adherence, including microbiological, traceability, validation, calibration, verification etc
- Complete audits and KPIs and monitor the consistency of outputs across the team for compliance purposes
- Train the QA team to ensure that new process and procedures are adopted
- Building production team capability to improve communication and understanding of technical standards
- Maintain ongoing communications with the operations team and other relevant functions ensuring they are fully aware of quality assurance activities, results and trends
- Organises organoleptic panel to ensure consistent quality
- Communication with suppliers to purchase consumable items
- Present to Customers, Auditing Bodies etc with support from QA Manager/Technical Manager
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all colleagues and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE policy
Shift Pattern: 2's & 3's 18.00-06.00
What we’re looking for
Were not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Food degree or equivalent qualificationorrelevant experience
- Internal audit experience
- HACCP principles and practice
- Allergen awareness-implications / related to labelling
- Shelf life determination and awareness
- Legal labelling basic requirements & Nutritional Awareness
- Basic knowledge of Weight legislation
- Knowledge of technical KPIs
- First Aid Certificate
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.