You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Boston we employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Production Supervisor to join us as a Zone Manager to join our team on the day shift. In this role you will lead and co-ordinate the work within high risk to ensure we deliver our key customer requirements.
- Deliver department/zone productivity and efficiency targets to produce goods in line with the agreed production plan – controlling GMP, labour, waste, traceability
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards and customer requirements
- Monitor and review labour deployment to ensure that the availability and alignment fits with the production requirements of the department – looking also at labour for that shift and ahead
- Effectively communicate with the operations team report progress against plan, highlighting any risks to the achievement of volumes and standards – also effective communications with other departments and shift handovers
- To ensure a safe working environment and working practises observed – reviewing Risk assessment/SOPs, daily start up checks and timely concise completion of accident/near miss reporting
- To maximise productivity and efficiency with a proactive strategy to achieve the Zones objectives
- To create and develop the operational zone ensuring that it is well structured and has a well-motivated team
- To drive down all aspects of the operational function in a way that facilitates the development of staff with the objective of continuous improvement.
Shift Pattern: 2,2,3 6am-6pm
What we’re looking for
- Experience of leading diverse teams in a complex environment, ideally manufacturing or FMCG
- Good literacy and numerical skills
- An ability to understand, communicate and report clearly in English
- An advanced Food Hygiene Accreditation is desirable
- HACCP Level 2 Qualification
- Understanding of budgetary and operational costs
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.