Production Supervisor - nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Production supervisor to join us as a Zone Manager on the night shift! In this role you will lead and co-ordinate the work of the Production Zone teams to ensure we deliver our key customer requirements.
- Deliver department/zone productivity and efficiency targets to produce goods in line with the agreed production plan – controlling GMP, labour, waste, traceability
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards and customer requirements
- Monitor and review labour deployment to ensure that the availability and alignment fits with the production requirements of the department – looking also at labour for that shift and ahead
- Effectively communicate with the operations team report progress against plan, highlighting any risks to the achievement of volumes and standards – also effective communications with other departments and shift handovers
- To ensure a safe working environment and working practises observed – reviewing Risk assessment/SOPs, daily start up checks and timely concise completion of accident/near miss reporting
- To maximise productivity and efficiency with a proactive strategy to achieve the Zones objectives
- To create and develop the operational zone ensuring that it is well structured and has a well-motivated team
- To drive down all aspects of the operational function in a way that facilitates the development of staff with the objective of continuous improvement.
Please note: This role is 4 on 4 off nights
What we’re looking for
- You will need to have hands on knowledge and experience within a manufacturing/FMCG environment environment, ideally in the Food industry, using that knowledge to make good robust decisions to resolve issues quickly.
- Demonstrable analytical skills – ability to pull actionable insight from data.
- Prior experience of leading a team and resource planning in a people intensive, manufacturing/FMCG environment.
- Experience of managing large numbers of people in a complex manufacturing environment.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.