Days - Monday to Friday (7am-3pm / 3pm-11pm alternating each week) - £10.53 an hour
Nights - Monday to Friday (11pm-7am) - £12.11 an hour
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here in Consett, we have a team of around 280 colleagues. We produce a range of chilled ready meals for some of the UK's leading retailers, including Co-op, Sainsbury's and Weight Watchers.
What you'll be doing
In this role as a Production Operator, you will provide a quality presence on the production line ensuring scheduled checks are carried out in accordance with quality standards, line set up and equipment set up. Tasks will involve:
- hand weighing raw materials
- adding trays to conveyor belts
- moving large quantities of heavy materials (with the aid of lifting equipment) and moving between ambient & chilled stores and production.
What we’re looking for
For this role, you will need the following skills:
- Experience working within a food manufacturer preferred
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good communicator and ability to work in a team
- Allergen awareness
- L2 Food Safety is preferred but not essential
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.