Production Operative - Sauce Cook
****£1000 Sign On Bonus for new permanent starters before 31st January (Terms and Conditions apply)****
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
In this role, your duties will include:
- Responsible for kitting recipes including collating ingredients and weighing them in line with the method on the recipe. Then completion of full traceability on paperwork, must have attention to detail on recording information on paperwork.
- Responsible for cooking sauces on large vessels, this is a very physical job. Tasks include lifting ingredients into the kettles and following a method on the screen step by step.
- CCP checks need to be completed on finished sauces and temperature monitoring throughout the day on ingredients.
- Completion of the production plan and ensuring effective communication with the kitters in the area and the High Care sauce dropping team.
- Adherence to health and safety procedures and protocols. Looking out for your own health and safety and others.
- 4 on / 4 off shift pattern - working 12 hour shifts with varying starts between 3am and 7am
What we’re looking for
- Good level of English & Math - you will be required to follow processes and complete paperwork.
- Ideally experience in a chilled food manufacturing environment, but this isn't mandatory - other FMCG backgrounds will be considered.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Right first-time approach.
- Leadership experience - we're looking for people who have experience in a step-up position or current line leaders looking to join a thriving business with clearly defined progression.
If this sounds like you, apply online or email your CV to email@example.com. Join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.