Production & Warehouse Operative - Days OR Nights - £1500 Sign-on Bonus!
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Bristol we are the UK’s leading producer of Chilled Sauces & Soups! From our site we supply over 37% of the UKs chilled sauces and 20% of the country’s chilled soups to both Sainsburys & Asda.
What you'll be doing
Due to continued growth at Greencore Prepared Meals in Bristol, we have exciting opportunities in new roles within the Production & Despatch teams in a fast moving food manufacturing environment.
Within Production, there are 2 key roles in this team which are made up of a Kitchen Operative & a Weigh Room Operative. We have vacancies for both Days & Nights:
- Days - 6am-6pm
- Nights - 6pm-6am
Please note there is an additional £0.50 per hour Night Shift Premium from 18:00 – 06:00 (Seasonal Premium from 02/10/21 – 01/04/22)
****£1500 Sign On Bonus for new permanent starters before 30th October (Terms and Conditions apply)****
Duties of these roles are below:
- Follow written procedures for cooking batches of Soup & Sauce (full training will be provided)
- To comply with all our Standard Operating Procedures to ensure customer orders are produced safely, on time, and all aspects of hygiene, quality and cost are met.
- Work as a member of a small team in an automated environment that will include an element of physical work when loading equipment.
Weigh Room Operative
- Can understand and follow written procedures for collecting, weighing and batching up ingredients (full training will be provided)
- Requires good level of physical fitness for the picking and transporting of ingredients in line with planned requirements
- To comply with all standard operating procedures to ensure daily shift batch targets are met on time, and all aspects of hygiene, safety, quality and cost are adhered to.
The function of the Despatch department is to process finished Greencore-Prepared meals products from Production through to the point of Despatch. You will work as a member of a team, loading, picked Greencore-Prepared meals customer orders onto vehicles for delivery.
The Goods-in team are responsible for receiving and storing raw materials that are used to create, package and store our products.
What we’re looking for
Experience in food manufacturing is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
All the roles require a good understanding of both spoken & written English. You will also have strong attention to detail and good organisational skills.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Rates up to £11.05
- Excellent opportunities for overtime.
- Various shifts with flexibility
- Full training will be provided
- Free parking on site
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- For every friend you refer you can earn another £500 (terms and conditions apply)
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.