Production Operative - Days & Nights
Days - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 4am-4pm (after 6 weeks rotates to Thursday, Friday, Saturday for a further 6 weeks)
Nights - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 4pm-4am (after 6 weeks rotates to Wednesday, Thursday, Friday for a further 6 weeks)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
Days = £11.68 an hour (Over time is after 36 hours a week x1.25)
Nights = £12.56 an hour (Over time is after 36 hours a week x1.25)
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for mixing ingredients and raw materials in commercial kettles to create our sauces
- You will need to follow recipes and specifications, as well as ensuring consistency across batches so that our customers receive high quality products on time, every time
- Efficiently carry out any assigned operation or task, meeting all output targets
- Effectively contribute to improved line performance and efficiencies
- Maintain excellent Housekeeping, Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene standards
- Resolve running problems/issues
- Handling food ingredients
- Able to follow manual lifting processes to handle 5kg to 20kg weighted resources.
- Participate in training and mentoring of new staff
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve the production/process
- Communicate effectively with your area leaders
What we’re looking for
- We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Comply with all relevant business and site policies such as Health and Safety and Food Safety standards
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and teamwork with the ability to work under pressure
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment producing quality and safe products
- Good attention to details
- Have strong and effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Be open to working in a production environment with varying temperatures
- Have a positive attitude and work ethic
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.