Production Line Setter
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
- To ensure that all equipment on the line is operated correctly and efficiently, whilst carrying out appropriate frontline maintenance to maintain and improve the equipment performance and maximise product output whilst maintaining product quality.
- Setting up and maintaining the machines at the beginning of the product and throughout.
- Ensure the machines run to optimum efficiency by investigating downtime and ensuring corrective action is implemented through SIC (Short Interval Control) reviews and PPM Systems.
- Proactively identify and resolve any issues with the machines to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Endeavour to keep waste levels to an absolute minimum and continuously work to reduce these levels.
- Overseeing line activity, by ensuring all aspects of the line are running at the correct pace.
- Carryout paperwork for the machinery to ensure Health and Safety measurements are adhered to.
- Cleaning and maintaining machinery and work areas to be at a high standard at all times.
- You must have full understanding of the sites Food Safety, HACCP, QA and Hygiene Standards whilst also carrying out safety checks or risk assessments when required.
- Understand the customer standards and specifications for each product to ensure the line minimises any complaints or rejections by maintaining the quality of product and packaging at all times.
- Maintain a constant understanding of changes and adaptations made to the equipment or machinery on the line. Ensure any changes are cascaded to individuals in the team where appropriate.
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Prior experience working with machinery
- Strong knowledge of a heavy duty and high-speed machinery.
- Strong ability to use measurement tools.
- Good understanding of production procedures and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of safety methods and hazard regulations.
- Ability to read manuals, blueprints, and handbooks.
- Good physical stamina and keen attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.