Product Planning Manager
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 15,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be required to manage the product planning process for the business category, facilitating the flow of planning data and product reviews to enable the introduction of new products across the supply chain.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- As part of monthly planning process, secure needed planning data for portfolio ideas and build time-phased plans with portfolio teams detailing product format, volume, and revenue & margin value – enabling portfolio, sales and capability estimation
- Lead the weekly product planning process, manage the addition of project data from new product briefs into the demand plan, understanding existing products, and their relationship to new briefs to ensure incrementality information is accurate – enabling completion of stage and gate activity
- Manage the reporting of product planning activity such as revenue and margin tracking and project complexity, prioritisation and incremental growth. As well as critical project resource management
- Prepare and facilitate agenda for both monthly and weekly product meetings with the portfolio teams to ensure detail of changes, issues, options and recommendations for management plus recording of performance measures and planning assumptions
- Facilitate product planning in the business category by looking at collating and updating plans and analysing and modelling potential outcomes. As well as gaining understanding and consensus across teams and reaching recommendations and decisions
- Measure demand planning in the business category by looking at health of the filter for strategically fitting projects, amount of incremental growth from product projects and number of gates completed on time. As well as time to reach market and make profit, attrition rate or hit rate of projects and completion of post-launch review process
- As required, attend necessary meetings relating to the successful completion of product projects, e.g., feasibility meetings, gate meetings or other project meetings. Support front line teams as required to support delivery of projects
There is the option for this to be a hybrid role, with an expectation of attending our manufacturing site in Worksop 2 to 3 days per week.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a candidate that has:
- Great analytical skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience as a leader of a supply chain team, ideally in an FMCG environment
- In-depth knowledge of Supply Chain procedures and practices
- Experience of leading major projects and programme management, and delivering change within a large function/medium sized organisation
- Financial awareness and high level of understanding of profit and loss management
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.