Product Development Manager - FTC
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We have an interim opportunity at our Northampton site for a Product Development Manager to cover a 3 month period.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
What you'll be doing
As a Product Development Manager, your role will be to lead customer/category Product Development (PD) activity to achieve Greencore’s great food and commercial targets, deliver right first time launches and act as the customer’s first point of contact.
- Responsible for the project management of all customer /category PD activity to meet the critical path
- Input product knowledge and customer insight within category team to ensure product development is aligned with all key customer requirements and meets financial measurements
- Lead feasibility meetings ensuring that people are kept informed of all activity regularly and ensure actions are completed
- Lead the feasibility meetings ensuring all outputs are deliver to the right standard
- Ensure that technical and quality standards are achieved whilst maximising profitability
- Build and maintain customer relationships acting as the dedicated contact to provide accurate and consistent communication internally and externally whilst identifying and resolving issues promptly
- Develop the team capability through task focused coaching to ensure maximum performance and development to their potential
- Stakeholder management of operational peers to promote collaborative ways of working and delivery of the NPD agenda
- Custodian of product quality, ensuring accurate margin target delivery against the commercial brief
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Ideally, you will be educated to degree level with a specialism in Consumer Science or equivalent knowledge gained through on the job training
- Experience of delivering high quality, sustainable, commercial products
- Demonstrable ability to lead multiple projects and prioritise own and others focus accordingly
- Good understanding and experience of food manufacturing principals demonstrated through feasibility of proposals
- An experienced leader with proficient leadership qualities
- Demonstrable customer service values and is well respected by customers as a food authority
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.