You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
What you'll be doing
As a Product Developer, your role will be to develop new, and modify existing products, in line with written briefs, customer expectations and financial targets to create products of sustainable and repeatable quality and sustainable cost.
In this role you will be required to:
- Developnew and existing recipes into commercially viable products, benchmarking regularly to gain awareness of the market for a competitive advantage.
- Create recipes alongside the chefs, input recipes onto the recipe management system and review the accuracy of all recipes inputted by the product technologist and chefs to ensure they meet cost, weight and nutritional requirements.
- Ensure the viability of new raw ingredients from an operational, technical and product development perspective to bring innovation and challenge to existing Greencore policies and practices.
- Complete and/or review and approve all relevant documentation (feasibility forms, customer submission forms, concept to process handovers etc.) to ensure accuracy of information shared internally and externally.
- Put all products through the feasibility process; working with the commercial, operations, technical and purchasing teams to solve any issues to ensure concepts are repeatable, sustainable and scalable.
- Compile product costing information and adapt recipes to balance food quality with achievement of commercial brief targets within customer brand standards.
- Present benchmarking, existing (EPD) and new products (NPD) at internal and customer presentations, passionately demonstrate good market and food trends awareness, to achieve product approval.
- Follow the critical path time lines as directed, escalating incomplete tasks and deficiencies in testing, to ensure that mitigating action can be taken to prevent delays in product acceptance and launch.
- Assist the process team with the scale up production trials, as required, to ensure production quality matches the kitchen quality signed off by the customer.
- Provide leadership and direct to ensure that across the team people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed an delivery to their potential.
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical; comfortable with producing and reviewing costings
- Proficient in all elements of product development from concept to launch
- Proven track record of successfully validating products and producing high quality documentation
- Confident in presenting to all levels within the business and directly to customers
- Experience in people management
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career