You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Atherstone, we have a team of around 550 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps, rolls, bircher pots and toasties for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Starbucks, Aldi, Cafe Nero and the Munch brand sold in WH Smith travel outlets.
What you'll be doing
In the role of Process Manager, you’ll work closely with your team to provide process, material and equipment knowledge in order to meet customer and Greencore’s requirements. You’ll also work closely with customers and other departments to ensure the projects run to plan, seeking feedback at all stages.
Throughout each project, you will analysing and track progress in order to achieve launch deadlines, resolving any development issues that may arise. With this in mind you will always be looking for ways to improve current production, either through processes or equipment capability to drive forward new efficiencies.
A large focus of your role will be the management of your team, supporting a lean enterprise culture and aid them to maximize their potential, ensuring a safe working environment for all employees at all times.
What we’re looking for
- You will have substantial experience of working within food manufacturing and leading a team. You will already have the necessary food science or micro biological qualifications and be competent in the use of customer technical databases
Short Shelf Life chilled food experience
Experience in formulating and managing critical paths is essential and managing multiple critical paths at the same time
Highly resilient individual who is able to work in a pressurised environment
With previous experience in a similar role, you will be familiar with operating root cause analysis techniques for problem solving and have the ability to evaluate and interpret shelf life results. You will be an expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice with strong food legislation and legal knowledge.
- It’s a busy role, so you’ll need to a very organised and methodical individual, with sound project management abilities. You’ll have strong people skills with the ability to easily communicate ideas and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Not only will you be working for one of the country’s leading food manufacturers you’ll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Subsidised food and drink
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.