Process Development Technologist
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What you'll be doing
As a Process Development Technologist your main responsibilities will be ensuring food safety and compliance is maintained at all times, improving plant and line efficiencies and reducing wastage via:
- Developing and validating Critical Control Points (CCPs) and pre-requisites.
- Developing a strong understanding of thermal processing, pH control, allergen control, Clean in Place (CIP) etc.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the site in your designated area e.g. Sauce Cooking, Heat Exchanger (thermal processing), CIP, Cleaning Validations etc.
- Be the link between Product Development (PD) and Production, ensuring all proposed products, processes and equipment are fit for purpose.
- Validation of all new equipment and processes.
- Creating and managing process methods, such as sauce cooking methodologies or hygiene methodologies.
- Preparing and completing key documentation with excellent attention to detail in order to support food safety and compliance.
- Liaising and working in calibration with auditors, customers and other internal department (across all levels) as communication is essential to ensure all current and new processes are fully understood and adhered to.
What we’re looking for
- Relevant food production experience, working in a faced paced environment.
- Positive attitude and willing to take on a new challenge with an open mind.
- Either a strong understanding of food safety and food science (e.g. Apprentice/degree) or the attitude and ability to develop this.
- Strong computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook).
- Flexible in terms of start and finish time (occasional weekend work required).
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work to a high standard whilst maintaining your integrity at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Methodical and organised.
If this sounds like you ,join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.