Process Development Technologist
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here atHeathrow,we are a growing team with around 450 colleagues. We produce chilled & hot eat Food for Now products including salads, sandwiches & wraps, Protein Pots & snacking. As well as Food for Later products such as ready meals & sides for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Amazon Fresh, Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsburys.
What you'll be doing
- As a Process Development Technologistyou willensure the smooth transition of product concepts from kitchen through the manufacturing process from concept approval to launch.
- To drive the development process frompost-concept approval to launch, ensuring that Technical & Quality standards are achieved and maximising profitability.
- To challenge current factory processes, looking for improvements, efficiencies & potential value engineering without being detrimental to the finished product quality.
Monday to Friday with launch cover at weekends. Average of 2 Late shifts a week will be required due toproduction schedules and trials.
What we’re looking for
Were not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Generate, update and maintain internal product specification record.
- Organise and conductthe factory trials after product hand over so as to meet the critical path.
- Record all process/ingredient (both new and existing) related issues during factory trial and escalate to various departments.
- Document all factory trial related documents.
- Organise nutritional and shelf life samples from each factory trial in timely manner.
- Liaise with different departments like production, technical, NPD, Supply chain, Good in and Despatch during trialling phase imparting information ensuring that everyone is aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that throughout the development process, products maintain commercial and quality aspiration, communicating implication of any process modification.
- Present the samples to customer agreeing quality parameters.
- Work closely with suppliers and Greencore raw material team to agree quality parameters of raw materials.
- All trialled products are organoleptically assessed with NPD and technical and quality attributes are recorded.
- Generate quality attribute sheet capturing all quality attributes considering process capabilities.
- Work closely with all new raw materials, capturing all quality attributes including photographic evidence on reception and also after process.
- Challenge supplier with regard to any potential issue with any raw material.
- Circulation of trial plans on a weekly basis.
- Organise/involve in to all pre launch meetings issuing out all necessary information.
- To attend Feasibility meetings raising the necessary points relevant to deliver a viable product prior to handover.
- Attend internal & external taste panels when required.
- Occasionally, help specification technologist to check artwork.
- To adopt and implement the Companies Health & Safety Policies and Procedures, and in so doing promote the maintenance of a safe working environment for all Company employees.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.