Process Development Technologist - FTC
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
What you'll be doing
We're looking for aProcess Development Technologist to join us on a 3 Month FTC
As Process Development Technologist you will ensure the smooth transition of product concepts from kitchen through the manufacturing process from concept approval to launch.
- Provide information to support the creation of customer and factory specifications which lead to the production of accurate and appropriate product labelling information
- Responsible for the planning, preparation and successful execution of process development and line trials to deliver customer requirements and process improvements
- Provide process guidance and advice to cross functional manufacturing teams to promote adoption of new practices or process for increased efficiency
- Monitor and communicate process trends to ensure launch date adherence, maximum process optimisation and effective communication to customers
- Challenge and investigate potential continuous improvement projects and facilitate relevant trials in order to drive process/ product enhancements opportunities
- Ensure the output of all line trials are fully documented with adherence to food safety, quality standards and customer requirements are met
- Assessment of equipment capability to ensure that process standards are in line with company and customer requirements in order to drive improvements
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Desired: Degree in Food Science or related subject plus working experience within food manufacturing environment
- Site based role
- Evaluateand interpretation of shelf life results
- Expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice
- Good level of computer literacy ability to use computer programs to analyse project results
- Knowledge of legal labelling legislation and a variety of retailer web based systems
- Micro biological training
- Understanding of technology relevant to business area and area of responsibility
- Understanding of technical KPIs
- GMP knowledge of techniques
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.