Process Development Manager
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsburys, KFC, Nandos, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
In the role of Process Development Manager, youll work closely with your team to provide process, material and equipment knowledge in order to meet customer and Greencores requirements. Youll also work closely with customers and other departments to ensure the projects run to plan, seeking feedback at all stages.
Throughout each project, you will analysing and track progress in order to achieve launch deadlines, resolving any development issues that may arise. With this in mind you will always be looking for ways to improve current production, either through processes or equipment capability to drive forward new efficiencies.
A large focus of your role will be the management of your team, supporting a lean enterprise culture and aid them to maximize their potential, ensuring a safe working environment for all employees at all times.
What we’re looking for
- You will have substantial experience of working within food manufacturing and leading a team. You will already have the necessary food science or micro biological qualifications and be competent in the use of customer technical databases
- With previous experience in a similar role, you will be familiar with operating root cause analysis techniques for problem solving and have the ability to evaluate and interpret shelf life results. You will be an expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice with strong food legislation and legal knowledge.
- Its a busy role, so youll need to a very organised and methodical individual, with sound project management abilities.Youll have strong people skills with the ability to easily communicate ideas and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Not only will you be working for one of the countrys leading food manufacturers youll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.